Life is strange, but I am back!

Hello everyone! Thanks for all your messages and for continuing to check back during my hiatus - I don't know who you are, but I'm grateful all the same.

Life has been a little stressful and strange for the past month. Without going into too much detail (save that for the press), I was unfairly pushed out of my job a few weeks ago and replaced with a consultant to save money. If that wasn't hard enough; rather than be honest about that my employer tried to land the blame on me. Thank goodness for Google Analytics and the heaps of colleagues and clients who can prove and vouch for my hard work.

That said, I've had a very positive month too and I like to focus on these things especially when things get tough. Hard to believe I know. But here are just a few of the positives from the last month:

  • I learnt who my friends are. SO many colleagues spoke out on my behalf to support me
  • Colleagues became friends
  • Family and friends have been on hand to listen to me and help to restore my confidence  
  • Throughout this entire process, I have had the confidence to know my worth. A year or so ago I might have taken the wrongful criticism and believed it. I'm now full of myself enough to know that I'm good at what I do, and put up a very good case 
  • I lost 7lbs! Stress + gym (already paid for) + 21 day challenge + 30 day squat challenge = happy! I can't explain how much regular exercise has stopped me from falling into any kind of depression based on my latest experiences
  • I have fallen even deeper in love with clean eating, market shopping and Aldi! Fresh fish, fruit and vegetables are wayyy cheaper that any processed crap. Takes more time, but being jobless means I have more time!
  • LinkedIn is amazing
  • Strangers and recruiters are even more helpful when you're honest with them
  • I got a job last week! Sadly I couldn't accept it as they needed someone to start right away (and I will be away in Melbourne from the end of this week), but getting the first job I interviewed for whilst on the market? Great for the confidence!
  • Getting to hang out with family. Being in London surrounded by distractions and tube fares was affecting my already worrying bank balance even more. So I'm currently spending time at home with my Grandparents, helping out, sprucing my CV, baking and getting to see plenty of my brother and his little family. 
... So it's not all bad. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of things I am worried about but I'm determined not to let those worries affect me. 

For a short while this blog may be more focussed on: 
  • Cheap recipes
  • How to live on a shoe string ;)
  • Melbourne on a shoe string (typical I have a holiday booked and now no spending money! Argh!)
  • Diet and fitness malarky
Until next time!


1 comment:

  1. nice and interesting blog. I love the idea of reading the events of every day lives of regular people like us.

    ReplyDelete